A New Cámara Galletita Lumen Exposure

With a new brass 'lens'


sonny rosenberg

8/28/20231 min read

It's been quite a while since I've used my now quite decrepid Cámara Galletita Lumen. I guess felt like I'd done all I could with it's faux galletita 'lens' plate made from aluminum foil. For a while now I've been wanting to make one of brass shim stock and a I finally got around to it.

I wasn't sure how exposures would be with it, as I found the process of punching pinholes in it with a push pin to be very crude and imprecise, with actual foil and a needle I can vary the diameter of the pinholes with pretty good control. Not so much with a push pin and .1mm shim stock.

Last night I cut some old Kodak IV paper down to 5x7 and I had a chance to do a 9 hour plus exposure today. To my surprise it worked pretty well. This shot is facing away from the Sun towards our sunflowers outside the music room window. I was hoping for reflections from the Sun. I got something although it's hard to tell what. The colors aren't all that impressive, but hey. I wasn't even sure this would work.

9 hour plus Cámara Galletita Lumen Exposure
9 hour plus Cámara Galletita Lumen Exposure